Materials engineers develop, process, and test materials used to create a range of products, from computer chips and aircraft wings to golf clubs and biomedical devices.
Materials Engineering BSc
1975 EUR /semester
(please note: to be able to obtain an Acceptance Letter, apply for a visa and start your studies, 2-semesters’ tuition fee and some other minor fees must be paid upfront)
- For September intake: 30 June
Direct admission or admission
with a foundation
Description of the Program
This BSc program offers the knowledge of material engineers who are able to interpret and control the chemical processes in the materials, to test and to inspect the characteristics and the structure of the materials in order to change them by the use of various technologies, and to control and organize the material production technological processes in order to provide the required high-quality of materials in mass production. The students of this study program will acquire in-depth theoretical knowledge that is adequate to enable them to continue with their studies in the graduate, master level.
A graduated Materials Engineer will acquire knowledge of
- the atomic, the micro- and macrostructure of the solid materials, the fundamental methods to test the structure and the principle of operation for the basic tools;
- the principle of operation for the material producing machines and equipments;
- the essential technologies of the metallurgical production of metals and their alloys;
- the basic technologies of plastic deformation and casting of the metals and their alloys;
- the fundamental technologies of heat treatment and surface treatment;
- the basic technologies of the production ceramics and composite materials;
- the basic technologies of producing polymers;
the essential technologies of processing plastic materials;
- the quality testing and supervision of the work phases in relation to the material technologies.