The mechanical engineer’s chief function is to transform an idea into a product viable for the marketplace by deciding on the best way to design and manufacture it, based on her expertise in how objects and systems interact with motion and thermal environments.
Mechanical Engineering MSc
2200 EUR /semester
(please note: to be able to obtain an Acceptance Letter, apply for a visa and start your studies, 2-semesters’ tuition fee and some other minor fees must be paid upfront)
- For September intake: 30 June
Direct admission or admission
with a foundation
Description of the Program
The education is aimed at training engineers capable of elaborating the concept of machines, mechanical equipment and processes, modelling them, then planning, operating and maintaining them; developing machine industry technologies, new materials, production technologies and using them in view of environmental aspects; performing leading, management and organization tasks, performing the tasks of technical development, research, planning and innovation, connecting to and coordinating engineering projects of domestic and/or international level, as well as continuing engineering studies even within the scope of PhD education.
Graduates at MSc level are familiar with:
- theory and practice in the mechanical engineering profession, possess the necessary manual skills, measuring abilities with laboratory-level knowledge,
- management tasks and activities,
- IT communication and analysis,
- basic regulations of environment protection, quality management, consumer protection, product liability, principles and application of chances of equality access, workplace health and safety, technical and economical legal regulations as well as the fundamental provisions of engineers’ ethics,
- problem solution techniques necessary for research or scientific work suitable to be used widely,
- the global social- and economic processes.
Graduates of the master’s degree course are capable of:
- applying the knowledge acquired and utilizing it in practice, using the problem solution techniques,
- processing the information on the limits of the professional experience acquired in the discipline as well as from arising new problems and new phenomena,
- formulating relevant judgment or opinion according to possibilities, making decisions and drawing conclusions,
- understanding the problems to be solved and finding solutions to them, raising original ideas,
- planning and implementing tasks at a high professional standard in a self-dependent way,
- improving their knowledge to a higher level by means of self-education and self-development,
- viewing the management of technical, economic and human resources in a complex way,
- global planning of complex systems based on systems thinking and process oriented mentality,
- applying integrated knowledge on the professional fields of machines, mechanical equipment and processes, machine industry materials and technologies as well as the connected fields of electronics and information technology,
- applying procedures, models, information technologies used in planning, organization and operation of mechanical systems,
- assuring the quality of mechanical systems and technologies, solving tasks of measuring techniques and signal processing,
- analyzing, planning, developing, manufacturing and operating the machines and mechanical equipment in the procedures and processes of material sciences, mechanics, production technology, planning, manufacturing, production control, instrument technology, fluid mechanics and thermodynamics depending on the selected specialization.